27 May LOBSTER TAIL IN THAI MASAMAN CURRY SAUCE
Executive Chef Ferdinand Galicia of Kaizen Sushi uses a sliced lobster tail, cooked with traditional creamy Thai Massaman Curry sauce, served with Japanese garlic fried rice and assorted Asian veggies.
We are using ocean delight’s 6oz lobster tails
- Ocean Delight Lobster Tail
- 1oz. Red Thai Curry Paste
- 4 oz. Coconut Milk
- 4oz. Cooking Oil
- 0.5 oz. Fish Sauce
- 0.5 oz. Sugar
- 1oz. Corn Starch
- 1 oz. White Onion
- 1oz. Red Bell Pepper
- 1 oz. String Beans
- 0.2oz Chopped Pimento
- 3oz. Garlic
- 0.5oz Chopped Chives
- 2oz. Chopped Carrots
- 2oz. Broccoli
- 2oz. Cauliflower
- 1oz. Shiitake Mushrooms
- 0.2oz Black Pepper
- 0.2oz. Salt
- 2oz. Butter
- 8oz. Steamed Rice
- 1oz. Soya Sauce
- Cut the lobster down the middle to let meat come out.
- Slice the lobster meat and blanch it in boiling water together with the shell and set aside.
- Cut all the vegetables into cubes, and blanch carrot, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Heat the pan and sauté all the blanched veggies and mushroom w/ garlic, season it and finish it with butter and set aside.
- Sauté the curry paste with oil, add coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar to taste.
- Cook it for about 3 to 5 minutes and add corn starch to thicken.
- Sauté the remaining veggies and sliced lobster meat, then add the curry sauce, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sauté chopped garlic till brown
- Add the steamed rice and arrange it in the plate with the cooked lobster with its shell and the sautéed veggies.
- Add coconut cream and sliced pimentos on the top of the lobster as a garnish.