13 May SPICY CRAB WONTONS
Chef Simmone Edwin of Adam’s Bagels creates a version of the Trinidadian favourite, Spicy Crab Wontons. We loved the heat and creamy textures in this dish which will undoubtedly become an instant favourite at home.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 8oz Crab Meat
- 8 oz. Crab Meat (Ocean Delight)
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 sprigs Chive chopped
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 4 Pimento Peppers
- ½ Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 8 oz. Plain Cream Cheese
- 1 pk Wonton Skins
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- Clean crab meat if necessary, and remove any shell pieces.
- In a frying pan heat oil and sauté garlic, onion. Add crab meat and cook thoroughly.
- Remove from the pan and mix in salt, black pepper, chive, paprika, pimentos, scotch bonnet pepper and cream cheese to form a paste.
- Using 1 tsp of the filling, add to wonton skin and fold to form.
- Fry wontons in vegetable oil until golden brown, and drain properly after frying.
- Mix mayo and Sriracha and use as a dipping sauce for wontons.