19 May STIR FRIED SNAPPER FILLET
STIR-FRIED SNAPPER FILLET with Bean Sprouts in a Chili Lemon Herb Sauce
The late Executive Chef, Joe Brown of Jaffa at The Oval, presents this exciting and straightforward dish to dazzle those who dare to try.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 7oz Snapper Fillet
- Ocean Delights – 2-3 Snapper fillets (6-8 oz. each )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Chili Lemon Herb Sauce
- 2oz. finely chopped onion
- 2 oz. coconut oil
- 1oz lemon juice
- 2 ½ tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 oz. minced garlic
- 1 oz. chopped cilantro ( shandon beni)
- 1 oz. chopped chive ( green onion )
- ½ finely diced seedless Scotch Bonnet pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 oz. coconut milk powder
- 2oz. fresh bean sprouts
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil.
- Add all other ingredients, except bean sprouts.
- Simmer for two minutes.
- Allow to rest.
- Pat dry and cut into strips.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick wok. Add fish and stir fry until half cooked for three minutes. Add bean sprouts. Toss for one (1) minute, and then add Chili Lemon Herb Sauce. Toss until fish is well coated.
- Serve immediately.