01 Jul BUTTER POACHED LOBSTER
Chef Emanuel Jones of Buzo Osteria Italiana crafts your perfect night home with your significant other. This elegant dish is an ideal choice for your romantic dinner for two. Pair with a medium-bodied California Chardonnay.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 6oz Lobster Tail.
Visit us for all your seafood groceries at: 307 Fernandes Business Centre Eastern Main Rd. Trinidad www.oceandelighttt.com
- 6oz Ocean Delight lobster
- Butter 1 ½ oz.
- Garlic clove sliced ½
- Black Pepper
- Lobster shell
- Tomato paste 1 oz
- White onions
- Pepper flakes
- Butter ½ oz
- Stock 3 oz
- Flour ½ oz
- Remove lobster from shell.
- Clean lobster meat.
- Season with salt, pepper, parsley, sliced garlic, parsley & butter.
- Wrap the seasoned lobster in plastic wrap tightly sealing both ends forming a sausage-like shape.
- Foil the plastic wrap lobster to prevent harsh poaching of lobster.
- In a hot pot sauté onion till golden brown.
- Add lobster shell and tomato paste.
- Deglaze pan with white wine preferably dry … (Optional)
- Add vegetable stock and reduce.
- Blend the mixture in a blender at high speed.
- Strain and return to fire on low heat.
- In a bowl mix butter and flour together homogeneously then add to the sauce.
- Add lobster to simmering water and poach for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Set aside the lobster the residual heat will cook the lobster to a perfect temperature.
- Remove lobster from plastic adding the liquid from packet to the sauce to further enhance the flavor.
- Slice thinly or to liking.
- Serve Hot.