17 Jun CHIA SEED CRUSTED MAHI-MAHI
Executive chef Joe Brown of Jaffa at the Oval, uses chia seeds with his Mahi-Mahi. This has many health benefits. Using them as a crust is not only artistic, but they boast of incredible antioxidants and fibre, which makes it a winning combination.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 8oz Mahi-Mahi Portion
- 1 8oz. Mahi Mahi Portion
- 1 tsp. green seasoning
- 1 oz. olive oil
- 1 oz. chia seeds
- 1 cup finely sliced carrot, zucchini, pumpkin, onion & patchoi
- Salt & black pepper
Parsley Butter Sauce:
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 oz. dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Chopped parsley
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Season Mahi Mahi.
- Heat oil and pan sear to golden brown colour on both sides.
- Remove from pan, place on a baking tray, sprinkle with Chia seed.
- Finish cooking in oven at 350°F for five minutes.
- Deglaze fish pan with butter, whisk in white wine and heavy cream; reduce and season to taste.
- Whisk in chopped parsley. In a clean non-stick pan, heat oil and quickly stir fry fresh vegetables.
- To Serve: Spoon sauce on to plate, place Mahi Mahi on sauce and top with fine vegetables.