14 Feb Crab & Breadfruit Cakes with Pommecythere Chutney
Rizzoni’s Chef Mathurin creates a fantastic Trini style crab cake that is extremely easy to prepare and will be loved by all. His Crab & Breadfruit Cakes with Pommecythere Chutney is a game-changer. This recipe uses Ocean Delights 8oz Crab Meat.Â All the ingredients and instructions are available right here.
Ingredients for Crab Meat:
- 8oz. Crab meat
- 1½ lbs peeled, diced and cooked breadfruit
- 2oz. onions
- 1oz. minced garlic
- 2oz. small dice red peppers
- 2oz. small dice yellow peppers
- 1oz. chives
- 1oz. thyme
- 1oz. fresh parsley
- ½oz. chadon beni
- 1lb. Panko breadcrumbs
- 2cups mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4oz. butter
- 2 tablespoons salt
Â Creole Tartar Sauce:
- 1oz. capers
- 3oz. sweet pickles
- 1oz. lime juice
- 3cups mayonnaise
- ½oz. dill
- 1oz. garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2oz. sour cream
Â Pommecythere chutney:
- 8oz. peeled and diced pommecythere
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon stick
- 3 ea. cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons achar marsala
- 3 cups. apple juice
- 2 cups. water
- 2 cups sugar
- Peel breadfruit, cut into 4 quarters, place in a pan of boiling water ¾ fill then add salt.
- Cook breadfruit until water is ¾ reduced. Remove from water and place in the chiller to cool.
- In a heated saute pan add butter, onions, garlic, peppers and chives, saute for 2 mins,
- Add crab meat and breadfruit. Saute for an additional 2 mins.
- Place on a sheet pan to cool in a chiller for 15 mins.
- In a mixing bowl add crab mixture, chopped chadon beni, parsley, paprika and black pepper and mix well.
- Add mayonnaise and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix tartar sauce ingredients together.
- In a saucepan, mix chutney ingredients together, heat and reduce by half.
- Plate crab meat and top with chutney.
- Serve with chips or crackers.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at: TriniTrolley.com