01 Feb Dasheen Crusted Chilean Salmon with Caramelized Plantain Hash, Orange-Balsamic Glaze
Rizzoni’s Chef Mathurin whips up a fancy, crunchy, sweet Chilean salmon dish with a local twist. Dasheen crusted Chilean salmon with caramelized plantain hash, orange-balsamic glaze. This recipe uses Ocean Delights 8oz Chilean Salmon Portion. All the ingredients and instructions are available right here.
INGREDIENTS FOR SALMON:
- 8oz salmon fillet
- 1½oz Dijon mustard
- 2 packs Soldanza dasheen chips (32g)
- 4oz cooked and dice sweet plantain
- 2oz Goya black beans
- 1oz sweet corn
- 1oz diced red peppers
- 1oz diced yellow peppers
- 1oz diced onions
- ½oz minced garlic
- ½oz chopped chives
- ½oz chopped parsley
- 1oz honey
- 3oz butter
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 3 cups orange juice
- 4oz Balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon anise powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- In a heated pan add 1oz butter, onions, peppers, thyme and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet corn, black beans and chives and saute for an additional 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- Heat up a second pan and add 2 ounces butter and diced plantain. Saute till plantain begins to caramelize.
- Add honey and saute for another minute.
- Add plantain to sweet corn and black bean mix.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and brush with Dijon mustard on both sides.
- Crush dasheen chips in a plastic bag.
- Add parsley and coat salmon with dasheen mixture.
- Mix orange-balsamic glaze ingredients together and reduce in a saucepot.
- Pan sear the salmon, glaze to the top with orange-balsamic glaze mixture and cook in for 4 minutes.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at TriniTrolley.com