08 Jul Guava BBQ Kingfish
Chef Mohammed of Chaud serves this sweet and savoury sticky charm today. His Guava BBQ Kingfish is a meaty dish that is rich in flavour making this an ideal recipe blend.
We love to serve this dish to visiting friends or relatives as it provides an incredible Caribbean essence to a special meal.
We are using Ocean Delights 7oz Kingfish Portions.
- 7 oz. Ocean Delight Kingfish Fillet
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Small onions
- 4 tbsp. Chives
- 2 tbsp. Green peppers
- 1 tbsp. Hot pepper
- 5 Pimento peppers
- 2 tbsp. Chadon beni
- 2 tbsp. Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. garlic
- 3 tbsp. Ginger
- 2 cups Tomato paste
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- 2 cups Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle Guava jam
- 6 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Add vegetable oil to saucepan.
- Add 1tbsp chadon beni, onions, chives, green peppers, hot pepper, mushrooms, pimentos, garlic and ginger and heat gently for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme and 1tbsp chadon beni and cook the sauce at a very gentle bubble for 10 minutes.
- Blend in Guava jam over time.
- Season kingfish with garlic, pimento pepper, ginger, olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sear both sides for 2-3 minutes each, and then top with Guava BBQ sauce.
- Plate kingfish.