14 Apr KING COCONUT
Posted at 17:31h in Recipe of the week, recipes 0 Comments
Executive Chef Andre Rocke of Prime Restaurant prepares a dish that is fit for a king. Coconut is synonymous to the Caribbean and reminds us of how unique and tropical these flavours are to our region. Treat your king with a royal meal tonight.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 7oz King Fish Portion.
- 1lb. Ocean Delight King Fish
- 3oz. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. saffron powder
- 1 tbsp. diced onion
- ½ cup chopped pimentos
- 2 sprig thyme
- 2 cups coconut milk
Red Pepper Corn & Pumpkin Mélange
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 4 oz. cooked pumpkin
- 2 oz. sweet corn
- 4 oz. red & green peppers
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Directions For King Fish
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan.
- Place fillet in hot pan and sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove fillet from pan.
- Add garlic, onion, pimento. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, saffron & thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat.
- Add fillets and simmer for 5-8 minutes until done.
Directions for Red Pepper Corn & Pumpkin Mélange
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a fry pan.
- Add garlic and sauté.
- Add pumpkin, corn & peppers. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.