22 Jul MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP
Executive Chef Dwight Liquorish of Taste Vinoteca Restaurant provides us with a taste of the Mediterranean today. Watch as he dresses our shrimp with white wine, cilantro and capers for a refined flavour. This dish wins a gold star from us.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 20oz Extra Jumbo 16-20 Peeled & Deveined Shrimp
For the full recipe check our site: oceandelighttt.com/recipes
Visit us for all your seafood groceries at: 307 Fernandes Business Centre Eastern Main Rd. Trinidad
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 16-20 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 ea. green and yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- 2oz diced tomatoes
- 2oz sliced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 4tbsp white wine
- 1tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1tbsp butter
- 1tbsp tomato sauce
- 1oz capers
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat medium skillet on medium-high heat for 3-5 mins.
- Add olive oil and shrimp, cook shrimp for 2mins on each side then set aside.
- Add peppers, red onion and garlic to the hot skillet, cook for 3mins stirring occasionally.
- Add capers, white wine and tomato sauce, let simmer on medium heat until reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish by stirring in butter and cilantro.
- Serve immediately. Served with toasted bread of your choice.