17 Apr Pan Seared Salmon with Ratatouille
This Pan Seared Salmon with Ratatouille from Chef Mohammed of Chaud will change your life. It’s a beautiful twist on the French stewed vegetable dish. Just make sure to prep the ingredients before starting and keep all the vegetables roughly the same, small size, so they cook quickly and evenly. This moreish dish is perfect for a super-healthy midweek charm. We are using Ocean Delights 8oz Chilean Salmon Portions. All ingredients and instructions are available at Trini Trolley.
- 8oz Chilean Salmon Fillet
- 2tbsp Butter
- 2tbsp Chadon Beni
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1ea Eggplant diced
- 1ea Zucchini diced
- 1ea Yellow Squash diced
- 1ea Red Pepper diced
- 1ea Green Pepper diced
- 1ea Yellow Pepper diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 cups Tomato pureed
- 4 cloves Garlic pureed
- ¼ cup Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley chopped
For Tomato Broth
- 2ea Shallots sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic sliced
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- 3ea Tomatoes seeded and cut into quarters
- 6 oz. Butter
For Soft Polenta
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Corn Meal
- Cube all vegetables for ratatouille.
- Saute separately in olive oil with garlic.
- Mix all cooked vegetables return to a pot with tomato puree.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes, add chopped herbs.
- In a saucepan place, shallots, garlic, wine and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat
- Place mixture in blender with butter and blend, season with salt if required.
- In a pot bring the cream, stock and milk to a boil.
- Gently whisk in the cornmeal, simmer for 10 mins.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Season salmon with chadon beni, salt and black pepper.
- Sear on both sides for approximately 4 minutes.
- Plate polenta and tomato broth.
- Top with salmon and ratatouille.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at TriniTrolley.com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.