07 Mar Pan Seared Snapper with Ratatouille
Aioli’s Chef Thomas takes us to France by steering our palettes through his Pan Seared Snapper with Ratatouille. Your taste buds will be pleased you made an effort in the kitchen. We are using Ocean Delights Snapper Fillet. All the ingredients and instructions are available via the Trini Trolley website.
- 2 red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ pound eggplant, cut into Â½ inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ pound small ripe tomatoes, chopped coarse (about 1Â¼ cups)
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- In a large skillet cook the onion and the garlic in 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil and heat it over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking. Add the eggplant and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until the eggplant is softened.
- Stir in the zucchini and the bell pepper and cook the mixture over the moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the oregano, the thyme, the salt, and pepper to taste and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the basil and combine the mixture well.
- Rinse snapper under cold water, and pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, mustard, honey, green onions, and ginger to create the marinade.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip snapper fillets in the marinade to coat both sides, and place in skillet.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour remaining marinade into skillet. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at TriniTrolley.com