22 Apr Panko Crusted Scallops
CHEF DOMINQUE BEENS of KRAVE RESTAURANT is in the kitchen serving scallops which we adore for their sweet, delicate flavour. They are tossed with marinara sauce and pasta for a beautiful dish, prepared in no time at all.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 12oz Large 20-30 Sea Scallops
- 16 Ocean Delight scallops
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 100 grams butter
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. fettuccini pasta
- Salt, black pepper, and cajun mix to taste
- Pre-cook pasta in water and salt.
- Season the Scallops with salt, black pepper, and cajun mix.
- Pass the Scallops through the egg wash and Panko bread crumbs.
- Heat a shallow pan with butter and olive oil. Sauté the scallops for approximately 1 ½ minutes on each side. Hold on the side.
- Heat a pot with butter and oil.
- Sauté’ all the vegetables and add the marinara sauce and pasta.
- Plate the dish hot topped with 4 scallops per person.