12 Aug Poached Shrimp with Curry Mayo, Saffron Couscous Salad & Micro Greens
Posted at 12:06h in Recipe of the week, recipes 0 Comments
Executive Chef Nathan Mahadeo of The Lighthouse Restaurant at Crews Inn crafts a gourmet dish for that special occasion and what a treat it is! Don’t worry if you are unable to get hold of microgreens, you can substitute this with watercress, and it looks just as pleasing.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 20oz Extra Jumbo 16-20 Peeled & Deveined Shrimp
For the full recipe visit: oceandelighttt.com/recipes/
Visit us for all your seafood groceries at: 307 Fernandes Business Centre Eastern Main Rd. Trinidad www.oceandelighttt.com
- 1cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 clove Minced Garlic
- 1 Chopped Pimento
- 3 tbs. Onions brunoises
- 1 ½ Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1.5 tbs. Water
- ¾ tbs. Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. Lime Juice
- 4oz. Ocean Delight 16-20 Peeled & Deveined Shrimp
- 1.5 cups. Water
- ½ diced Pimento
- 1 Clove Smashed Garlic
- 1tsp. Salt
- ¼ cup Couscous
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp. Saffron
- 1/8 tsp. Grated Garlic
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tbs. Red Onions (brunoises)
- 1.5 tbs. Small Diced Tomatoes
- ½ tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ cup. Micro Greens/ Water Cress
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, pimento and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder and pepper flakes then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place curry mixture, mayonnaise and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To a small saucepan add water, pimento, garlic and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the shrimp and poach for 2mins.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and shock in ice water, until completely cool.
- Drain well then cut the shrimp in halves lengthwise.
- Add 1 ½ Tbs curry mayo to shrimp and mix.
- Place couscous in a small stainless-steel bowl.
- Bring 1/3 cup water to a boil, add saffron, salt and garlic.
- Pour water over couscous and quickly mix, cover with cling wrap and let sit for 6-8mins.
- Add 1 Tsp olive oil and fluff with a fork.
- Mix in red onions, tomato and lime juice
- Plating: press couscous into a 1 ½’’ring mould about halfway up, layer shrimp and press, remove ring mould and topped with microgreens.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.