16 Jan Shark Bites with Spicy Scallion Aioli
Posted at 18:08h in Recipe of the week, recipes 0 Comments
This recipe uses Blue Shark Portions
- 1 cup – Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. – Paprika
- ½ tsp. – Chilli powder
- 1 tsp. – Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. – Tomato sauce
- 2 cloves – Minced garlic
- 3 leaves – Chopped shadon beni
- 1 tsp. – Lime juice
- 2 each – Eggs
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ Liters Vegetable oil (any desired frying oil)
Shark Marinade (8 oz Shark)
- 2 tbsp. – Lime juice
- 1 tbsp. – Garlic
- 3 leaves – Shadon beni
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all aioli ingredients in a small bowl and set aside in the refrigerator once fully incorporated.
- Cut shark into desired pieces (recommended 3 inches in diameter) and marinate in the above ingredients.
Note – Shark is best cut and marinated while semi-frozen, to maintain quality.
- In three bowls arrange flour, breadcrumbs and eggs separately.
- To bread fish, dip marinated fish pieces into the flour, lightly dust, then dip into egg wash, and lastly into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to a moderately high heat (350 degrees F).
- Fry shark pieces for 6 minutes. Set aside to drain.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.