22 Feb Shrimp in Coconut Curry Sauce
Chef Mohammed of Chaud is preparing one of our favourites today. Shrimp in Coconut Curry Sauce. This recipe exudes gourmet, yet it is uncomplicated and achieved in minutes. We are using Ocean Delights 20oz Extra Colossus Easy Peeled Shrimp 4-6. All the ingredients and instructions are available via the Trini Trolley website
- 1 cup Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Green Pepper
- 4 ea Garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (pureed)
- 2 ea Pimento Pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon Geera Powder
- ½ teaspoon Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 sprigs Chadon Beni (chopped)
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Remove shells from shrimp and set aside.
- In a bowl, season shrimp with 1 sprig chadon beni, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon pimento pepper, ½ teaspoon geera, ginger, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil to shrimp and mix well.
- In a saucepan, add rest of oil, shrimp shells, 1 tablespoon onions, 1 teaspoon pimento pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder & ½ teaspoon geera and mix well.
- Add 1 sprig chadon beni, ½ cup of water and coconut milk and reduce to 2 cups or until a light broth is obtained.
- Strain curry sauce and set aside.
- In another saucepan melt the butter.
- Add seasoned shrimp, red, yellow and green peppers, red onions, all remaining geera, chadon beni, chilli powder, lemongrass and saute for one minute.
- Add curry sauce, heavy cream and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, stir in and simmer for two minutes.
- Serve hot.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at: TriniTrolley.com