11 Apr Spicy Calamari
Chef St. John of More Vino, demonstrates one of the best ways to prepare, serve and eat Calamari! It also makes a fantastic starter or party food, and when it’s served with some fresh salad, you have a complete meal. We are using Ocean Delights Squid Rings 1lb.
All ingredients and instructions are available at Trini Trolley
- 5oz Squid Rings
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cup Tempura flour
- 1oz Ginger
- 1oz Chadon beni
- 1oz Garlic
- 5oz Pimento pepper
- 5oz Onions
- 5oz Bell peppers
- 1tsp Sesame oil
- 1.5oz Soy sauce
- 1oz Black pepper
- 0.02oz Hondashi
- 0.02oz Fish sauce
- Lime wedge
- Finely chop chadon beni, garlic, ginger, pimentos and combine together.
- In a bowl, add squid, chopped seasoning, hondashi, fish sauce, black pepper and soy set aside to marinade for a few minutes.
- Pour in a sieve and let drain.
- In a separate bowl add egg, place the squid rings and toss till all are well coated.
- Scoop them out and add to tempura flour.
- Toss in flour till evenly distributedÂ and all rings are separated.
- Place in a fry basket and deep fry until golden brown and remove from oil and let drain.
- Place wok over a medium-high heat and add sesame oil.
- Add garlic, ginger and peppers, sautee till fragrant and add in other sliced veggies.
- Toss for 1-2 mins and then add in cooked squid.Â
- Toss all together and season with hondashi and mix well.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with a lime wedge.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at TriniTrolley.com