13 May SPICY CRAB WONTONS
Chef Simmone Edwin of Adam’s Bagels creates a version of the Trinidadian favourite, Spicy Crab Wontons. We loved the heat and creamy textures in this dish which will undoubtedly become an instant favourite at home.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 8oz Crab Meat
- 8 oz. Ocean Delight Crab Meat
- 3 tbsp. vegetable Oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs chive, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 4 pimento peppers
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper
- 8 oz. plain cream cheese
- 1 pk wonton skins
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. sriracha
- Clean crab meat if necessary. Remove any shell pieces.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion. Add crab meat and cook thoroughly.
- Remove from the pan and mix in salt, black pepper, chive, paprika, pimentos, scotch bonnet pepper and cream cheese to form a paste.
- Using 1 tsp. of the filling, add to wonton skin and fold to form.
- Fry wontons in vegetable oil until golden brown, and drain properly after frying.
- Mix mayonnaise and sriracha and use as a dipping sauce for wontons.