16 Jan Cornmeal Crusted Squid Rings, Vegetable Salsa
Breading for 8 oz of (Squid rings)
- 2 each – Eggs
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cup corn meal mixture (equal parts of corn meal and breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil (any desired frying oil)
- 4 oz. – Carrots
- 3 oz.- Onions
- 6 oz. – Tomatoes
- 3 cloves – Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. – Geera powder
- 1 Each – Hot Pepper
- ½ cup – Ketchup
- ¼ cup – Chopped Chive
- 1 tbsp. – Chopped Shadon Beni
- 2 tbsp. – Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- In a sauté pan, roast together carrots, onions, tomatoes, geera, sweet peppers, garlic, and hot pepper till well caramelized and soft with vegetable oil.
- Add to the pot ketchup, chive and Shadon Beni. Blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- In three bowls arrange flour, cornmeal mixture and eggs separately.
- To bread squid, dip marinated squid pieces into the flour, lightly dust, then dip into the egg wash, and lastly into the cornmeal.
- Heat oil to a moderately high heat (350 degrees F).
- Fry squid pieces for 3 minutes. Set aside to drain.