06 Apr Tempura Shrimp Roll
House of Sakura Chef Dupont serves tasty Tempura Shrimp Roll. Date night with bae just got better. This recipe naturally calls for a light, fragrant white wine. Sake or another light beer will also compliment this recipe.We are usingÂ Ocean Delight 20oz Extra Jumbo Peeled and Deveined Shrimp 16-20.
All ingredients and instructions are available at Trini Trolley.Â
- 2ea Shrimp
- 4tbsp Tempura flour
- 1tbsp All-purpose flour
- ½ sheet of roasted nori
- 10g of cucumbers (Thinly stripped)
- ½tsp sesame seeds
- 1oz Mayonnaise
- 3cups sushi rice
- 5cups water
- 5oz Vinegar
- 4cups Vegetable oil
- Sushi bamboo mat
- Cling wrap
- In a wooden or plastic bowl, damp the bottom and sides and let it sit on the side.
- Put rice into the rice cooker.
- Have a large bowl of water nearby. Pour the water slowly from the bowl into the rice. Do not use water flowing from the tap.
- Swirl the rice quickly, 3-4times, refill the water bowl while stirring.
- Rub the rice between your fingers as if to polish them, moving around the pan.
- Pour off the cloudy water.
- Rinse the rice 4-5 more times or until the water stays clear, then drain thoroughly.
- Add the 3 cups of water to the rice and let stand for 20-30 minutes before starting rice cooker.
- After the cooker stops, complete the steaming by leaving the rice in the cooker, unopened, for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Empty the steamed rice into the damp bowl.
- Pour the vinegar mixture evenly over the rice.
- Stir the rice evenly until the vinegar is mixed evenly throughout, and the rice gains a polished appearance.
- Cover the rice with a cloth, letting it rest until it reaches skin temperature (37 oC).
- Mix 4 tablespoon water and tempura flour to a pancake consistency, to create a batter.
- Coat shrimp with all-purpose flour, then dip shrimp into tempura batter and coat evenly.
- Heat oil to medium-high heat and fry shrimp for 90 seconds or until beige in colour.
- Remove from oil and put to cool.
- Cover sushi bamboo mat in cling wrap.
- Place the nori on your cutting board, rough side up.
- Spread rice evenly from end to end over the nori
- Turn the rice and nori over, so that the rice is facing the cutting board.
- Place the 2 shrimp tails out, cucumbers and mayo in one straight line lengthways down the centre of the nori.
- Hold the two corners closest to you and try rolling over whilst tucking the ingredients under the lid, ending with the seam side down.
- Using your bamboo mat (that should be covered in cling film) drape the bamboo mat over the sushi roll forming into a tunnel shape, moving bamboo mat left to right and right to left, tucking in each side.
- Remove mat, cut into 8 pieces
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at TriniTrolley.com