22 Mar Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry with Skinny Crunchy Asian Salad
- 1¼ lbs Shrimp peeled
- 1½ cups snow peas
- 1½ cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- cup canola oil or olive oil
- cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 8medium green onions, sliced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- 2cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1pack ramen noodles
- Place the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and honey and sesame oil in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Set sauce aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the salad vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetablesÂ have started to brown and soften.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook, until water has evaporated.
- When vegetables are crisp-tender remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over high heat.
- Place the shrimp in the pan and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through (shrimp should be pink and opaque).
- Add the vegetables back to the pan, pour the sauce over the top and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat until warmed through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired.
- In a large bowl, beat dressing ingredients with wire whisk until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is well blended.
- Break up ramen noodles in bag before opening, discard seasoning packet from soup package.
- Add noodles and all remaining salad ingredients except oranges and spinach to dressing, toss to mix well.
- Stir in oranges and spinach.
- Plate shrimp and add Asian salad.
For these recipes, each ingredient included will be the minimum pack size available. Each recipe ordered for delivery may be modified to eliminate any of the ingredients which you may already have at home. Trinitrolley will contact you to confirm.
Buy all the ingredients at TriniTrolley.com