29 Jul VIETNAMESE SHRIMP ROLLS
Posted at 12:48h in Recipe of the week, recipes 0 Comments
Chef Simmone Edwin of Adam’s Bagels graces your table today with these light and healthy Vietnamese shrimp rolls filled with plenty of fresh herbs and vegetables for flavour and crunch. The star of the show is the cooked shrimp which can be served with Adam’s Chadon Beni Aioli and Soy Sauce.
We are using Ocean Delight’s 12oz Colossal 13-15 EZ Peeled Shrimp.
For the full recipe check our site: oceandelighttt.com/recipes
Visit us for all your seafood groceries at: 307 Fernandes Business Centre Eastern Main Rd. Trinidad
- 2 Rice Paper Sheets
- 2 oz. Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 oz. Cucumber stripped
- 1 oz. Red Bell Peppers stripped
- 1 oz. Yellow Bell Peppers stripped
- 1 oz Carrots julienned
- 8 Mint Leaves
- 6 13-15 Shrimp (Ocean Delight)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 small bowl of ice water
- 1 oz Soy Sauce
- 2 oz Adam’s Chadon Beni Aioli
- Place 2 cups of water in a pot on the stove and allow it to come to a full boil.
- Peel the shell off the shrimp completely and place in the boiling water for about 1 minute or until the shrimp turns pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp as it will get tough.
- Remove shrimp from the water and submerge them in a bowl with ice water to stop them from cooking. Once the shrimp are cooled down, pat dry and set aside.
- Dip rice paper in warm water for about 3-4 seconds, until rice paper becomes moistened. After dipping your rice paper, lay wrapper onto your work surface. Allow rice paper to soak up water and become soft and pliable (about 30 seconds) before you start to roll.
- Line vegetables and mint about 1 inch from the base, leaving a boarder on either side. Place shrimp on top and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Begin rolling from the base, tucking in the sides to get a tight roll.
- Serve with Adam’s Chadon Beni Aioli and Soy Sauce.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.